The International School of Mountaineering came to us looking for a refresh to their website design to improve the visitor journey and provide visitors with a real feeling of what to expect when booking a trip with ISM. Their aim was to re-establish the passion, experience and heritage of ISM to build a greater sense of community, bringing the people behind ISM to the forefront.
Craft CMS Upgrade
Although ISM were already using Craft, their current website was out-dated and they were using version 2 of the software. We upgraded them to the latest version to enhance performance and pave the way for an improved author experience.
Craft CMS offers an extremely adaptable platform, allowing for more flexible templates bringing each page of the website to life. The client now has more control over their content and is able to showcase different courses on the homepage, as well as other pages across the website.
Key elements of the project were:
- Restructuring the site navigation to support the more direct visitor journey through the site to make relevant content more accessible
- Enhance the mobile experience of using the website
- Demonstrate social media activity, primarily through the increased posting on their Instagram account
- Installing the popular SEOmatic plugin for Craft giving them more granular control over key on-site search engine ranking factors so they could maximise their visibility.
Bringing the adventures alive
Using a more modern, bolder and cleaner design it allows the amazing expedition photography to take centre stage, with visitors now able to gain a greater sense of the experience of the trips run by Adrian and his experienced team at ISM. Categorised by ability, group size and pricing, visitors are easily able to identify the most suitable expedition for their ability and budget.
With team members more prominent throughout the website and a comprehensive Knowledge Base, the redesign showcases their wealth of experience and their commitment to providing the safest possible environment, with a level of personal attention to details ensuring each traveller returns from a memorable adventure.
- Craft 2 upgrade to version 3
- Website design and development on Craft CMS
- Custom Craft CMS plugin development
- Integration with Instagram
- Online booking with payments
- Booking calendar built on a custom Craft plugin
“The team at A Digital listened to us, and took time to understand our business. They worked collectively to deliver a fantastic, vibrant website and followed up with support and fresh ideas to help our business moving forward. We look forward to continuing a longer term relationship as we develop our business into the future.”
Are you thinking about starting a new website project?
Let's start a conversation and find out how we can help you.Start a conversation