Mid-level Full Stack Web Developer Vacancy
About The Role
The role plays a key role in the delivery of our bespoke websites and web-based applications. You’ll be expected to work collaboratively and support the planning and scoping of each project, as well as the delivery and testing of each release cycle. You’ll hopefully have followed a clear workflow that includes using local, development, staging and live environments along with the core skills listed below.
- Demonstrable web development experience in an in-house or agency setting
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar database programming experience
- Working with data from a variety of third party sources in a range of formats including XML and JSON
- Ability to work with RESTful APIs between web applications
- Knowledge of local development environments such as Docker
- An eagerness to learn and adapt to new emerging languages and technologies
- Ability to version control your code through tools such as Git
- Working knowledge of application security
- Experience with content management systems
- Familiarity with connecting to payment gateways
While the role is technical with an emphasis on writing and testing code, we’ll also expect you to think commercially and look for opportunities in your work to add value with suggestions for future functionality and enhancements.
The following skills aren’t essential, but would help your application stand out.
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems and pipelines
- Writing unit tests to QA your work and code releases
- Development experience with Craft CMS, our platform of choice for content management projects
- Experience with Linux based servers, running commands and deploying code
- Understanding of managing DNS zones
- Knowledge of AWS products (we primarily use Route 53 and S3 storage with Cloudfront)
- Experience with services such as Cloudflare or similar protection systems
You’ll be committed to keeping up to date with industry news, trends and best practices, particularly in relation to security, performance and new technologies.
Ideally you’ll have a related qualification at degree level, but this is not a strict requirement for the role.
You’ll be working alongside our existing experienced developers on a range of projects, plus supporting live sites and responding to support requests. The role will include some client contact to ensure efficient and effective progress on our projects and may occasionally require work outside of normal hours to minimise downtime during code releases or updates.
You’ll be well supported in your role, given the opportunity to make it your own with quarterly objectives and benefit from ongoing training and development.
Applying for the Role
If you’re interested in this role, then please send a CV and covering letter along with anything else (portfolio, website, GitHub profile etc.) that you feel will help your application stand out. We’ll invite short-listed applicants for an informal chat to get a sense of your past experience, interests and strengths. We’ll expect to see examples of previous projects and your role in the results, along with what you learned from the experience, so please include any links with your application.
Location and Basis
This is a full time role ideally based in our Kendal studio however hybrid and full-time remote working around core office hours/days is optional.
The anticipated salary for this role is between £28 - £32k dependent on experience, however we welcome applications that might fall outside of this range.
We’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from anyone eligible to work in the UK to create a diverse workplace that is inclusive and welcoming to all.
Details and Applications
You can download the job spec here as a PDF which includes details of how to apply, along with a list of benefits.Download the full job description