Senior Web Designer Vacancy
You’ll be naturally creative with a meticulous eye for detail and have a minimum of 5 years experience working as a digital designer, ideally in an agency environment. You’ll be able to pivot between projects, manage your own time as you work towards deadlines and bring an excellent awareness of the commercial challenges businesses are facing in a noisy digital landscape. Of course, websites are a collaborative effort, so you’ll be open to sharing your knowledge across the team, accepting feedback and developing your own skills.
You’ll hopefully have worked on a variety of projects that include eCommerce websites, but above all, we’ll be looking for versatility across a range of styles and business sectors.
If you’re a designer who can write standards compliant HTML and CSS code, this will be a distinct advantage.
We’ll expect you to have
- Familiarity with following and interpreting brand guidelines
- Demonstrable knowledge of typography, font pairings and page layouts
- Experience with modern web design tools such as Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud apps (especially, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Knowledge of content management systems and their limitations (Craft CMS is our primary platform)
- Confidence presenting your thinking and design ideas to our team and clients
- An appreciation for accessibility best practices and how these can be built into your designs A strong eye for detail, taking pride in your work and demanding the same from your team
- Excellent communication skills to interrogate a brief that will lead to outstanding results
Any of the following skills would be a bonus.
- Experience with gathering research to inform and support creative
- Knowledge of modern build tools such as Gulp, Webpack and Docker and Git version control
- Experience with email campaign managers and other popular marketing apps
- An understanding of technical SEO and website performance
Applying for the Role
If you’re interested in this role, then please send a CV and covering letter along with anything else (portfolio, website, video etc.) that you feel will help your application stand out. We’ll expect to see examples of websites you’ve built (or contributed to) and what you learned from the experience, so please include any links with your application.
Please note, a personal website or creative portfolio is essential to be considered for this role.
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process will begin with an initial video call at a mutually convenient time to introduce each other and learn about what you’re looking for in your next role. If we both feel there’s a good fit, then we’ll arrange a follow up conversation (ideally in person) to get to know you, and hopefully make a formal job offer.
Location and Basis
This is a full time role that would ideally be based alongside our team in our Kendal studio (subject to Covid restrictions). Flexibility to work from home (or wherever you feel you work at your best) around core office hours/days is also an option, but we’ll expect you to join our team in the studio from time to time.
The preferred start date for this role will be in late January/early February 2022.
The anticipated salary for this role is in the region of £35k dependent on experience.
We’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from anyone eligible to work in the UK to create a diverse workplace that is inclusive and welcoming to all.
Details and Applications
You can download the job spec here as a PDF which includes details of how to apply, along with a list of benefits.Download the full job description