Mid-weight Front End Developer Vacancy
This role is central to our client experience and key to maintaining progress on our projects and delivering to agreed milestones and deadlines. You’ll be working alongside an experienced team of designers, developers and marketers and be involved with projects as they progress from initial concepts to polished digital experiences that drive results and visibility for our clients.
We’re looking for someone passionate about solving problems with creative ideas and robust technology. You’ll have spent the last 2 years or so of your career working in a similar role in an in-house or agency environment and have an excellent awareness of the commercial challenges businesses face in a noisy digital landscape.
We’ll expect you to be able to
- Write modern, maintainable and performant code with HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+
- Code up page templates from design tools such as Sketch and Figma
- Build responsive websites with a CMS (our preferred platform is Craft CMS)
- Bring your own ideas and creative problem solving to projects
- Estimate and managing your time
- Maintain and support our existing sites
- Communicate with clients and support them with training to use their completed website
- Test and debug errors, as well as ensure cross-browser compatibility
- Support light DevOps such as setting up servers, deployments and DNS updates
- Have experience with Git version control system
- Bring a strong eye for accuracy
- Have a solid grasp of web standards and accessibility
Any of the following skills would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of Tailwind.css
- Experience with Craft CMS and Twig templating (or at least, the desire to learn it)
- Experience with API integrations (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience with PHP or similar backend technologies
- A solid grasp of build tools and package managers (such as Webpack, Gulp, Composer)
- Experience with other platforms including ExpressionEngine, WordPress or Shopify (although we never build on WordPress, we occasionally inherit WordPress sites and migrate them to Craft CMS).
- Experience with deployments to AWS and DigitalOcean or similar environments
Applying for the Role
If you’re interested in this role, then please send a CV and covering letter along with anything else (portfolio, website, video etc.) that you feel will help your application stand out.
You should include links to at least 3 live projects where you can demonstrate your involvement and what you learned from them. Ideally you'll have an up to date personal website summarising your key skills and experience.
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process will begin with an initial video call at a mutually convenient time to introduce each other and learn about what you’re looking for in your next role. If we both feel there’s a good fit, then we’ll arrange a follow up conversation (ideally in person) to get to know you, and hopefully make a formal job offer.
Location and Basis
This is a full time role that would ideally be based alongside our team in our Kendal studio (subject to Covid restrictions). Flexibility to work from home (or wherever you feel you work at your best) around core office hours/days is also an option, but we’ll expect you to join our team in the studio from time to time.
The anticipated salary for this role is in the region of £24 - £28k dependent on experience.
We’re an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from anyone eligible to work in the UK to create a diverse workplace that is inclusive and welcoming to all.
Details and Applications
You can download the job spec as a PDF which includes details of how to apply, along with a list of benefits.Read the full job spec